Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bad Timing

Timing belt in the girlfriend's car snapped while we were driving past Bold Park today, caused the car to cut out in the decent expanse between the ocean and Floreat forum (basically, a bastard walk to anything civilised). Called RAC, waited an hour for someone to confirm that indeed, the car would need a tow and thankfully we could get the tow for free. This seemed like a goddamned godsend given the horrid heat and near-terminal humidity that accompanied it (reminded be of being back in 'Nam). Only catch was the tow would be around three and a half hours and we had yet to eat or drink that day. Eventually I walked to Floreat Forum to grab food/drink and came back just as the tow rocked up (early).

I have both a perfect t-shirt and raccoon sunburn.

On the lighter news, I had a kickass and relaxing New Year!

In project related news, I have my Kinect hooked up to the computer and using the NUI drivers from Code Laboratories, I'm slowly writing code (first tests with the depth cam) to test the abilities of the Kinect system. using OpenCV and fragments of things I can find online I found got something to track points (like fingertips) and then tilt the Kinect system up or down when they are near the top or bottom of the view. Nice test to get me more into programming, I'm enjoying this!

/proud

No comments:

Post a Comment